BEAST v1.8.3 logo
In case you were unaware, Andrew Rambaut has made a new version of BEAST 1, v1.8.3, available for Mac, Windows and Linux (.dmg, .zip, .tgz) at the BEAST 1 GitHub website.
According to Andrew, new features of this version include:
- Generalized Stepping Stone sampling for Marginal Likelihood Estimation.
- Continuous quantile version of uncorrelated relaxed clock as option in BEAUti [from Li & Drummond 2012, MBE].
- Option in BEAUti to log complete histories in Markov Jump Counting.
- Jukes-Cantor added as an option for BEAUti nucleotide substition model.
- New tree transition kernel (SubTreeLeap operator) implementd in BEAST.
- Defaulting to randomizing rate categories for DiscretizedBranchRates.
- BEAUti ‘guess dates’ options are now persistent from run to run (and shared with Path-O-Gen/Tempest).
- Transmission tree model of Hall et al (2016) implemented.
- Fast, general multidimensional scaling (MDS) implemented.
- Clock panel in BEAUti simplified.
- Parameter linking available in Priors panel in BEAUti.
- Command line is logged into log file headers for reference.
- Plus bug fixes.
I personally am downloading the update and running stepping stone sampling for MLEs for Bayes factors. What in the new version appeals most to you?